Truly.Madly.Deeply

The post has nothing to do with the song or Savage Garden. Rather the post deals with the very essence of the song....the four letter word called 'Love'
Cliched topic and I know people have tried to demystify the intricate intricacies of louve in the past. But I need my fair share of ramblings too right :P
The funniest part is I enjoy a good rom-com and the mushy romantic scenes make my heart all gooey. I love supernatural fiction (my obsession with vamps, werewolves, soul catchers et al. needs some serious treatment..!!) and read the romance between the main characters first :D  But that's not the fun part. The fun part is that no matter how amusing/entertaining/heart warming/amazing I find these, I still find it odd to believe in the concept of 'Love'
I would take this opportunity to define what Love actually is :
Let's take a few deep breaths..shall we..?? Cuz my golden words might just go down in history :P

Ok.
So.
" Love is an over hyped well marketed phenomenon which only benefits the people who generate revenues from it. It is pure fiction and has no existence in the real world. Just a marketing guy playing a practical joke on  vulnerable innocent victims. "

This definition is not a result of some personal vendetta or me nursing a broken heart. It is just the practical side of me talking. If it wouldn't have been for love or the consequences of love, the movie industry or the music industry or the flower industry or the chocolate industry or the card industry or the creepy Teddy Bear industry wouldn't have flourished the way they have..!!
No love = No SRK romancing chiffon saree clad actresses, No Bruno Mars catching a grenade for someone, No Adele rolling in the deep, No Cadbury Silk ad that makes us go Awwwww and the list goes on and on and on....

The only kind of unconditional Love is the one your family gives you. They accept you with your flaws. Don't ask you to change. And don't ask for anything in exchange. That is what I would call Love.

And when it comes to romantic inclinations, I think it's all about seeking the companionship of someone you like and sticking to him/her with conviction, integrity and dedication. As my friend had rightly said, " If you are in a maize field, you don't try out all the corns in the field to find out which one is the best. If you find something good enough, you stick to it without thinking if there's a better one out there."

In the world of 'casual relationships', I am not too hopeful of finding 'Louve' but the illogical part of me still hopes to :
1) Get wooed with songs like 'Jeevan Se Bhari Teri Aankhein' OR 'Ehsaan Tera Hoga Mujh par' OR 'Yeh Dil Tum Bin Kahin Lagta Nahin' OR 'Humein Tumse Pyaar Kitna'....(Yes I am old school :\ )
2) Get worshipped like Bella worships Edward   ( Yes I am a narcissist..!!)
3) Get compliments at the drop of a hat (Yes I am shallow.)
So much for wishful musings..!! If only wishes were wings, pigs would fly :P

I know a lot of people would beg to differ cuz they might have experienced sleepless nights, butterflies in their  thoracic cavity, racing heart, anxiety, excitement etc. (Science says it due to the production of Dopamine and Norepinephrine in the human body and reduction of serotonin in the blood level...so let's not give undue credit to louve..shall we..?? :P)
But whatever. To each his own.
And as always. Mere ramblings....No apologies :)


5 Responses to Truly.Madly.Deeply

  1. Pooja says:

    Aha ! Love ! Stimulating conversation and like mindedness would any day score over 'creepy' teddy bears and flowers with me. Another fabulous post. I so hope you stay vella for eternity if vellapanti results in this.

  2. Anonymous says:

    oh another nice post! stalking your fb profile once and reading your blog has been like the best thing this week :P
    btw ramble more!

  3. Nishita says:
    This comment has been removed by the author.
  4. Nishita says:

    Anonymous,Haha m glad u think that ways..!! It's common stalker courtesy to stalk back, so if you are taking the pains of stalking the profile, drop in a link to your profile so that I can return the favour :P

  5. Nishita says:

    Dearest Pooja *blushes* Thank you for the words of approval :) And about the stimulating conversations and like-mindedness...hmmm....as I told your wall...*fingers crossed* :P

Leave a Reply